Children ages five to seven usually start on piano/keyboard, sometimes mixed with fun sing-a-long songs to keep them excited about learning music.
Kids can also take drum lessons or violin lessons but these instruments take more discipline to learn at such an early age. At seven years of age guitar lessons are most popular. At ten years of age students can take singing lessons and really start to make good progress with their voice.
Teens really like to ROCK! Most teens start taking guitar lessons, singing lessons, drum lessons or bass lessons.
Those are fantastic instruments to learn because they can start or join a band and play almost any music style from rock and pop to blues, country and more! You can enjoy playing these instruments on your own or with others until you are well into your 90's and beyond!
Nearly a third of our students are adults! Half of those are complete beginners.
Most adults learn much faster than the kids do! So quit telling yourself it's too late. Having fun while learning and performing is what we are all about. Adult students are encouraged to participate in many student concerts each year! Performing is optional. No pressure, no worries, just fun!
Why Choose Us?
- First lesson FREE
- Enthusiastic teachers make learning fun
- Nine convenient locations
- Lessons created just for you and your interests
- All Styles (rock, classical, country, blues, R&B, more)
- Excellent with beginners, intermediate and advanced students
- Optional performances - Many student concerts each year
- Flexible rescheduling options
- 24-hour self-serve rescheduling
- Discounts for multiple classes
- Family owned and operated
- Amazing customer service
- Month-to-month - No long contracts
- Thousands of happy students - See our testimonials page
How Do I Get Started?
- Washington (425) 485-8310
- Oregon (503) 303-8939
- Texas (972) 372-0721
Free Trial Lesson
- See the School
- Meet Your Teacher
- Learn to Play or Sing!
- Learn More Songs
- Develop Confidence
- Have Fun!
4/4 School has easily become the favorite part of my week!
I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still really enjoying my lessons. Steve has been absolutely amazing, and every week he really motivates me to practice.
I can't tell you guys enough how valuable and fun this experience has been for me. I really feel like I'm getting somewhere, and I feel like I'm definitely making ground towards my next audition date for teaching. Either way I really feel like these lessons have been just what I needed. I've been learning a ton and really growing as a player (hopefully the progress that I feel is showing!).
This all may sound cheesy, but I really am having a good time, and having the opportunity to work with a dude like Steve every week is really amazing. Being a foot away from someone who can play, understand and EXPLAIN all the things that my guitar heroes can play really makes my goals seem possible. 4/4 school has easily become the favorite part of my week. Sorry for the rant, but I really am psyched about these lessons!
Serving: Bellevue WA, West Plano Tx, East Plano, Carrollton, Frisco, Addison, North Dallas, Richardson, Farmer's Branch, Allen, Mill Creek, Everett, Bothell, Kirkland, Lynnwood, Alderwood, Redmond, Bellevue, Woodinville, Edmonds, Mountlake Terrace, Brier, Lake Stevens, Marysville, Arlington, Smokey Point, Auburn, Kent, Federal Way, Southcenter, Renton, Burien, West Seattle, Issaquah, Sammamish Plateau, Shoreline, Newcastle, Green Lake, Greenwood, Clackamas, Hillsboro, Aloha, Happy Valley, Beaverton, Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington.
* You are entitled to a free introductory lesson if you live or work no more than one city/town/area away from the 4/4 School you wish to attend. Only one per family without permission from our school office. Please call us for details.